Thursday, December 2, 2010

Lest We Forget

What else remains but our life story?

This will be a short post. It's 4 AM, my neurons aren't firing as accurately as they should, and the flight leaves soon. But this point is important.

People tell me, "you're putting in a whole lotta effort to go meditate. Shit, I'll let you meditate in my bathroom for free." Both statements are true, but the first is inconspicuously misleading. It is a lot of effort just to go meditate. It will consume a considerable amount of time, money, sacrifice, risk, discomfort, etc. If you look at my decision as practically and concretely as that, then I would have no choice but to agree with you. Please, allow me to at least lock the bathroom door from the inside so as to not be disturbed. But, as I hope to reveal through this blog, this trip is not solely about learning how to meditate. It's perhaps more importantly about building character. What character? The character I envisioned ever since I was little.. and perhaps, so did you. Huh?

What a story it will be to tell my children... not about meditation, but to say that when I was younger and overflowing with dreams, as fanciful and fantastical as they may have been, I blindly and faithfully reached out to grab them. Or at least to touch them, or graze them, even with my fingertips, if only for a second. What a story it will be to tell myself.

I hope these stories and experiences serve as a symbol of not taking life for granted. I hope they become a clear signal of the choice we all have to pursue our dreams. A choice so frequently forgotten. For in the end, what do we have left in life but our stories, our convictions, and our character?

I send out a huge wish that you may all enjoy your holidays. 

P.S. I will be unable to write any more entries for a good while. But after it's all over, I will. Till then :)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7.12.10

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete